Looking to work faster? Try these handy keyboard shortcuts.
- Lock your PC – Windows Key + L
When you are away from your computer, always lock it for security purposes. Just hit Windows Key plus L.
- Highlight Text – Shift + Arrow
Hold down the Shift key as you move the cursor with the arrow keys. If you also hold down Ctrl, you can highlight whole words rather than individual characters.
- Thesaurus Lookup in Word – Shift + F7
Highlight the word to look up then hit Shift plus F7 to show a comprehensive list of related terms in a window on the right side of the screen.
- Bookmark a Webpage – Ctrl + D
Hit Ctrl plus D in your browser to pop up a dialog box to bookmark the current page, edit the name, and even select the folder to store it in.
- Back in Web Browser – Alt + Left Arrow
Hit Alt plus Left Arrow to go back in your browser and Alt plus Right Arrow to go forward.
- Restore Closed Browser Tab – Ctrl + Shift + T
Hit Ctrl plus Shift plus T in any of the major Windows web browsers to restore the last tab you closed.
- Send an Email – Alt + S/Ctrl + Enter
Hit Alt plus S to send your email in Outlook or other desktop mail clients. Hit Ctrl plus Enter when using Gmail.
- Close Any Windows App – Alt + F4
Close any Windows program (modern and desktop) with Alt plus F4. Ctrl plus W closes desktop applications only.
- Minimize All Windows – Windows Key + M
Hit Windows Key plus M to minimize all of your windows so you can see everything on your desktop.
- Windows Snap – Windows Key + Arrow
Hit Windows Key then Left Arrow to snap a window to the left side of the screen or Windows Key then Right Arrow to snap it to the right.
August 30, 2023 in Blog
August 23, 2023 in Blog, Security